Churches to Visit
Features and points of interest include:
- Windows depicting famous Victorian artists and craftsmen such as William Morris (Coddington)
- The wedding place of Robin Hood and Maid Marian (Edwinstowe)
- The bust of Erasmus Darwin, grandfather to Charles Darwin (Elston)
- One of the finest Norman naves in Europe (Southwell Minster)
- Burial place of Will Scarlett (Blidworth)
- The fifth tallest church spire in the country (Newark)
These and many more sights of interest can be found amongst the district's historical churches with beautiful architecture from many different centuries.
Robin Hood Churches Trail
A number of churches in the Newark and Sherwood District also boast fascinating connections with our local legend, Robin Hood.
The Robin Hood churches trail (PDF File, 5,485kb) enables you to take a step back in time and see these buildings through the eyes of Robin Hood and other medieval connections.