Other local support
"We can offer you so much more"
Newark and Sherwood District Council offers a range of other support for businesses in the area:
- Advice on Business Rates payable and on charitable and other Business Rates relief
- Provide a range of commercial property to let to small and medium-sized businesses – mainly workshop premises, but also offices and retail units
- Advice on applying for permits for industrial activities that could harm the environment or human health.
- Help businesses become more aware of risks from crime and support through CCTV, shopwatch and pubwatch.
- Advice on starting a food business, including registration and food safety management.
- Support and start-up assistance for new traders at Newark and Southwell markets.
- Season tickets for Newark and Southwell car parks and also parking for HGVs at Newark Lorry Park.
- Discounted membership packages for businesses at Leisure Centres throughout the district.
- Grounds maintenance services, plus opportunities for corporate responsibility volunteering, and for sponsorship of ornamental planting.
Support is also available from local business clubs including Newark Business Club and Southwell Business Club.
We work closely with other local authorities such as Nottinghamshire County Council to ensure that you get the best support available in relation to services such as local highways and road improvements.
Brackenhurst Campus is part of the Nottingham Trent University and is set in a 200 hectare beautiful country estate in Southwell. The campus offers a specialist Animal unit, Veterinary Nursing Centre, Equestrian Centre and Glasshouse Complex.
Lincoln College has a campus based in Newark town centre. We work with the college to support businesses with training and recruiting apprentices for their business as well as upskilling their current workforce through NVQs and accredited training courses.
Support is available from the HMRC for businesses who require assistance and advice on issues such as tax, VAT and PAYE.
For business support, advice and guidance then please visit www.gov.uk
Contact UsInvest Newark & Sherwood
Great North Road
01636 655260/01636 655277