We can collect and recycle your electrical waste
All electrical/white goods cost £12 to be collected. Collections are mostly on Thursdays and need to be put out by 6am on collection day. If your item is not collected on Thursday it will be collected on Friday so please leave it out.
If we need to enter your property to collect your item(s) please call customer services to make arrangements for collection.
What we collect:
- Computer tower
- Electric garden strimmer
- Electric lawnmower
- Freezer (must be empty)
- Fridge (must be empty)
- Games console
- Laptop computer/tablet
- Television/computer monitor
- Tumble dryer
- Vacuum cleaner
- Video/DVD/ Blu-Ray Player
- Update & Approve
- Washing machine
The items we collect are sent for recycling where they are broken down into their various components.
Please ensure all fridges and freezers are empty prior to collection.
Household waste recycling centres
Most electrical waste can be taken to one of the Nottinghamshire County Council's Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs).
At the centres all electrical waste is separated and sent for recycling.
Re-using electrical items
If your item is still fully working then you may wish to try selling it or giving it away.
- The Furniture Project will collect unwanted electrical items and will pass them on to someone in need. Call 01623 836410 for more details
- The British Heart Foundation accepts donations of furniture. Call 0844 499 4152 for more information
- Freecycle is an online swap shop. It gives furniture a second lease of life, as well as helping you to find free items.