What should I do if I do not agree with the decision or think it is wrong?

  • You should contact us and ask for an explanation of the decision we have made, or
  • You can appeal and have your claim considered by an independent Tribunal

It is important that you make it clear whether you are asking us to look at the decision again or whether you wish your request to be accepted as an appeal straight to an Independent Tribunal.

  • You must make your request in writing
  • It must be made within one month of the date on your decision letter

What happens when we look at the decision again

  • The decision we made will be looked at and checked by an officer
  • We will take into consideration what you have told us.
  • If the decision is wrong, we will change it
  • We will write to you and let you know what we have decided
  • If we decide not to change the decision, as we think it is correct, we will send you a letter explaining why

You can appeal against the decision we have made and ask us to pass your case to an independent tribunal. This is run by the Tribunal Service. You can choose to appeal to a Tribunal after we have looked at the decision again and sent a letter to you explaining our reasons or immediately after you receive a decision notice from us.

Tribunal Service >

Contact us

Newark and Sherwood District Council
Castle House
Great North Road
NG24 1BY

01636 650000


Follow us on Twitter‌ Like us on Facebook‌ Follow us on Pinterest‌ Follow us on Instagram

  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm

    Customer feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Castle House
    Great North Road
    NG24 1BY

Access Extranet