Balderton Parish Council
There are fifteen elected members of Balderton Parish Council who have collective responsibility for local council matters.
Balderton is one of the largest villages in Nottinghamshire, and is still growing. The village has a large range of amenities including a Comprehensive School, two Primary Schools and several Nurseries, a leisure centre, library, numerous supermarkets and shops to cater for most requirements.
Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme
Nottinghamshire County Council have invested £750,000 in order to help deliver high-speed broadband to the most rural parts of the county.
Further details of the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme
NEW SERVICE TO SUPPORT VULNERABLE AND ISOLATED RESIDENTS DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
A new service is available to help vulnerable residents with the supply of food and other vital necessities:
Contact the County Council Community Response Hub
email@example.com or Tel. 0300 500 8080
Council meetings are currently being held remotely owing to Coronavirus restrictions. Members of the public can still 'attend' these - please see individual agendas for the internet joining instructions or contact the Clerk to the Council for further information.
Important Notice regarding Lakeside, Balderton
Following increased reported sightings of rats in the Lakeside area we are asking for your help.
We have taken advice from the local Environmental Health Department who have supplied some useful information relating to feeding wildfowl as we believe that excessive feeding is adding to the vermin problem.
The Parish Council hosts a storage unit on the Coronation Street playing field car park with an amount of sandbags etc. which are to provide initial, temporary, assistance for householders. In the event of an emergency please contact the designated key holder to the store:
Cllr R. Rouse
Tel. 01636 676097
- Chuter Ede School Gates - Wolfit Avenue
- Cricket Club next to the Village Centre - Coronation St
- Sainsbury’s supermarket - London Road
- The Grove Inn - London Road
- Well Pharmacy - Main Street
- William Ghent House - Wilfred Avenue
These are available 24 hours per day in a secure coded box
If you find an unconscious person that is not breathing:
- Call 999 - the ambulance control will give you the code for the defibrillator box nearest you
- Commence resuscitation – chest compression and send a person with the code to fetch the defibrillator.
- Once the defibrillator arrives switch on and follow the voice commands.
Where we are