Crops Obstructing Footpaths
Notts County Council are asking local residents to inform them at 0115 977 4802 if they are aware of any public footpaths on arable land in the parish that are being obstructed by crops.
Senior Rights of Way Officer for the joint partnership, Jane Baines, is anxious to ensure that obstructions do not take place and says they will write to any farmers who do not heed requests to rectify the position where blockage are allowed to occur.
The County say that where obstructions do occur they will ask the farmers to remove them or the County Council will carry out the work and charge the farmer for it.
Report a Problem With a Public Right of Way
There are fifteen elected members of Balderton Parish Council who have collective responsibility for local council matters.
Balderton is one of the largest villages in Nottinghamshire, and is still growing. The village has a large range of amenities including a Comprehensive School, two Primary Schools and several Nurseries, a leisure centre, library, numerous supermarkets and shops to cater for most requirements.
The Parish Council hosts a storage unit on the Coronation Street playing field car park with an amount of sandbags etc. which are to provide initial, temporary, assistance for householders. In the event of an emergency please contact the designated key holder to the store:
Cllr R. Rouse
Tel. 01636 676097
- Chuter Ede School Gates - Wolfit Avenue
- Cricket Club next to the Village Centre - Coronation St
- Sainsbury’s supermarket - London Road
- The Grove Inn - London Road
- Well Pharmacy - Main Street
- William Ghent House - Wilfred Avenue
These are available 24 hours per day in a secure coded box
If you find an unconscious person that is not breathing:
- Call 999 - the ambulance control will give you the code for the defibrillator box nearest you
- Commence resuscitation – chest compression and send a person with the code to fetch the defibrillator.
- Once the defibrillator arrives switch on and follow the voice commands.
Where we are