Balderton is a large village situated in the County of Nottinghamshire, south of Newark, north east of the City of Nottingham and close to the border of Lincolnshire. We have two primary schools - John Hunt and Chuter Ede. Off London Road, on a forty acre site, is the Grove complex: which houses The Newark Academy, The Orchard Special Needs School and The Balderton Resource Centre.
London Road was built in the 18th Century as a turnpike (by pass) for the Great North Road which at the time ran through the small community of Balderton onto Newark and the North of England - the gateway to the North. London Road has a number of shops and services including a shopping complex named 'Lakeside Shopping Centre'.
Town Street was renamed Main Street. It was the centre of the old village, crossed by the original Great North Road, beside the church on the corner of Pinfold Lane and Main Street and leading to Bullpit lane. Standing on Main Street are St. Giles Church, a Methodist Chapel, Library, two public houses (one rebuilt in 1888), a number of shops and services and on Bullpit Lane there is a small shopping precinct named 'Brisbane Court'.
The Council has a tower clock on London Road by the Lakeside Shopping Centre which was installed to commemorate the Millennium celebrations in 2000.