Nottinghamshire Police and Crime Panel
The Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011 requires police authorities to be replaced by Police and Crime Commissioners and for police and crime panels to be established as joint committees to oversee the work of the commissioners.
A police and crime panel has now been established for Nottinghamshire. Newark and Sherwood has one representative on the panel.
The role of the panel includes:
- to review and submit a report or recommendation on the draft police and crime plan
- to review the annual report and put questions regarding the report to the Police and Crime Commissioner at a public meeting
- to review and submit a report and recommendation as necessary on the proposed police authority precept
- to review or scrutinise decisions made or other action taken by the Police and Crime Commissioner in connection with the discharge of the Commissioner’s functions
- to submit reports or recommendations to the Police and Crime Commissioner with respect to the discharge of the Commissioner’s functions
Meetings, minutes and agendas
All meetings take place at County Hall in Nottingham.
For any queries about the meetings and reports please contact Keith Ford, Senior Democratic Services Officer, Nottinghamshire County Council email@example.com or call 0115 9772590
or visit Notts Police Commissioner