Tier two restriction guidance
Tier two restrictions are:
1. No mixing in indoor settings outside of your support bubble or immediate household.
2. Rule of 6: if meeting outside, you cannot meet with more than 6 people unless you all live together or are in the same support bubble. You can still mix in private gardens.
3. Restaurants, pubs and bars must close by 10pm.
4 . Hands (wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds), Face (wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will coming into contact with people you do not normally meet), Space (stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing a face covering, or increasing ventilation indoors).
- The above will be approved tomorrow and come into force on Wednesday 14 October.
- Further guidance for the extremely vulnerable will follow.
- These restrictions will be reviewed by the Government regularly.
- Schools, retail premises and universities will not close.
The three tier system
Tier 1 - Medium alert level. Restrictions 2, 3, 4 above
Tier 2 - High alert level. Restrictions: 1, 2, 3, and 4 above
Tier 3 - Very high alert level. Restrictions 1, 2, 3 and 4 above and then no mixing in any outdoor setting, including private gardens banned and restrictions on closure of some premises
Download a high-res version of the poster via the PDF below:
Tier two restriction PDF (PDF File, 488kb)