Asymptomatic testing in schools
Nottinghamshire County Council has updated their website with advice to parents and teachers when schools re-open on 8 March.
Schools in Nottinghamshire will reopen to pupils from Monday 8 March. Some schools are operating a staggered return, with some pupils going back on later dates. Whether your child is starting on Monday, a little bit later, or they have been at school during lockdown, they might be worried or need a bit of reassurance after being out of school for a while.
Nottinghamshire County Council parents’ helpline team has put together some advice which can help you support your child with the transition back to school. This information is available on the Nottinghamshire County Council website.
As more pupils and students return to the classroom the Government has asked that all adults who live in households with primary school, secondary school and college age children, including childcare and support bubbles, test themselves twice a week.
More information about what to expect, including testing and the measures that will be in place, available on the Nottinghamshire County Council back to school webpage.
If you have school age children or schoolworkers in your household, as long as you're clear of COVID-19 symptoms, you should get tested regularly:
- At work - if your employer already has testing in place you should continue to use this.
- At your local Community Test Centre - in Newark, the test centre is at the Newark Sports and Fitness Centre. You can find the locations of the Asymptomatic Test Centres across Nottinghamshire here.
- Online - You can order home testing kits to be delivered to your home from the Government website, using this website address: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
- By phone - Call 119 to order tests to be sent to your home. Lines are open from 7am to 11pm and calls are free.
- Collect home test kits - You can collect two packs of rapid lateral flow test kits from a local testing centre near you. Each pack contains 7 tests. In Newark, the Walk Through Test Centre at Castle House has kits available for collection every day between 1pm and 8pm. No appointment is needed, simply turn up and collect your testing kits during these times. There is parking available, there are clearly marked bays with 15 minutes free parking to the side of the testing site and Pay and Display parking in front of Castle House. See tariff notice boards for further information.
The availability of home testing kits is changing all the time, please check on the following link for the latest information: Rapid lateral flow testing for households and bubbles of school pupils and staff - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)