Nottinghamshire Community Fund
A £1 million Nottinghamshire COVID-19 Community Fund has been created to help communities as they respond to exceptional challenges over the coming months.
Nottinghamshire County Council want to support local charities and community organisations that are delivering essential services to vulnerable Nottinghamshire residents impacted by COVID-19.
Nottinghamshire charities and voluntary groups can now apply for a grant of anywhere between £200 to £10,000 to deliver projects or services that meet the Nottinghamshire COVID-19 Community Fund criteria.
- Projects that directly help vulnerable people affected by the effects of COVID-19, such as by providing access to food, toiletries, necessities, as well as projects to help vulnerable people in isolation.
- Projects that are already set up and helping vulnerable people now.
Priority will be given in the first instance to projects that help and support vulnerable Nottinghamshire people impacted by COVID-19
- Emotional / mental health wellbeing
- Physical wellbeing, e.g. help to stay mobile and active, advice about health
- Transport, e.g. help for essential travel
- Other projects/services not listed above that support vulnerable people impacted by COVID-19 may also be considered for funding.
Who can apply?
The following organisations are eligible to apply:
- registered charities
- excepted charities
- constituted voluntary and community organisations
- sports clubs with Clubmark
- Parish and Town Councils who are actively responding to the needs of vulnerable people in Nottinghamshire communities.
How to apply?
To apply please complete the online form, available on the Nottinghamshire County Council website.
Two charity schemes that Persimmon is actively operating will see millions of pounds handed out to groups supporting – specifically the under-18s and people aged over 70.
Building Futures - Persimmon’s Charitable Foundation has this week committed to relaunching its Building Futures scheme for 2020. As part of its sponsorship of Team GB, Persimmon will donate more than £1 million to support children in sport, health and education.
They are calling on local groups within the area which support children to apply. It can all be done online remotely at www.persimmonhomes.com/building-futures.
Community Champions - Persimmon’s Community Champions initiative has run since 2015 and gives away £64,000 every month in single donations up to the value of £1,000. So far over £3.5 million has been donated in the UK.
Persimmon has decided that from April 2020 all funding will go directly to groups supporting the over 70s. Groups can apply online at www.persimmonhomes.com/community-champions