Flooding February 2020
Financial support is available for residents and businesses affected by the recent flooding in Nottinghamshire.
If you have been affected by the recent flooding, you may be able to apply for a recovery grant to help with your immediate needs.
Newark and Sherwood Community Recovery Grant
Newark and Sherwood District Council will provide residents affected by flooding with £500 and 3 months of council tax discount. The eligible person to claim the grant is the person liable for paying council tax at that property, whether that be the property owner or the tenant.
To apply for the community recovery grant and council tax discount scheme, please complete the form using the application button below.
Call 01636 650000
Visit us at Castle House Great North Road Newark Nottinghamshire NG24 1BY
Nottinghamshire Floods Hardship Fund
Additionally, Nottinghamshire County Council has set up the Nottinghamshire Floods Hardship Fund for residents and the Nottinghamshire Floods Business Hardship Fund.
Residents whose properties were flooded internally are eligible to apply for a one-off payment of £120.
Small or micro businesses with up to 49 employees, whose premises were flooded will be eligible to apply for an emergency payment of £300 to help them cope with immediate, short-term loss of income.
To apply for either the residents’ hardship fund or the business hardship fund, please call Nottinghamshire County Council on 0300 500 8080.
The Nottinghamshire Flood Appeal
The Nottinghamshire Flood Appeal is funded by donations from individuals, businesses, charitable trust and Lincolnshire Community Foundation.
Grants may be made to relieve hardship caused directly or indirectly by the recent flooding. Priority will be given to homes that were flooded internally (not including garages, garden sheds or outbuildings).
Who can apply?
Anyone affected can apply although priority will be given to:
- Individuals and families suffering financial or other hardship
- Low income households, people over 70, families with young children, people with physical or learning disabilities, mental health needs or medical conditions
- Homes that were flooded internally
How to apply: Applications can be accessed via www.lincolnshirecf.co.uk or by requesting an application form by contacting the Grants Team on 01529 305825/07908208838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Recovery Grant
If your business has been impacted by the recent floods hitting Nottinghamshire, you can apply below for the Government’s Business Recovery Grant of up to £2,500.
The Guidance from the national government states that the Business Recovery Grant can only be paid to:
- small and medium sized businesses – ie larger and local businesses part of a national chain are likely to be ineligible
- SME properties that have been directly impacted by flooding – ie businesses experiencing flood damage to the property, equipment and/or stock
- SME properties that have been indirectly impacted by flooding – ie businesses having had no / highly-restricted access to premises, equipment and/or stock as a result of flooding; having restricted access for customers, suppliers and/or staff and directly suffered a loss of trade as a result.
Apply now via Nottinghamshire County Council's website.
Business rates relief
If you pay business rates, there is a minimum of three months of 100% relief from business rates, or longer if you are unable to resume trading from your property. The relief provided will be subject to state aid limits, and will only be available to properties with a rateable value less than £10m. If this is applicable to you please contact us on 01636 650000.