Grant in Enterprise
As an existing business you could access up to £2,500 of funding to help your business. NBV have directly supported local businesses to access over £2m in grant funding over the past 3 years and they are now offering businesses in Newark and Sherwood the Grant for Enterprise.
Eligible businesses can claim up to £2,500 for specific projects or investments. In order to be eligible you must:
- Fit the criteria of Small and Medium Sized Business (SME)
- Have commenced trading
- Only trade business to business, not retail or business to consumer.
For more information on the grants available visit the NBV Grant in Enterprise website.
Invest to Grow Fund
The “Invest to Grow “ fund is operated through the University of Derby. The fund focuses on growth, innovation and the creation of sustainable jobs. The types of projects which would attract funding are:
- Innovation in products, process and systems
- Development or improvement of products and services
- Costs of expansion, including site and building infrastructure and capital equipment
There are many ways businesses can use the funding, here are a few examples but the list is not exhaustive:
- Capital expenditure (land, buildings, equipment)
- Staff costs (relating to the implementation of the project)
- Research, technical knowledge, IPR
- Other projects overheads and implementation costs
- Training- to introduce the innovation developed to the workforce
If you are an SME, Sole Trader or Partnership and can demonstrate that you have tried to access funds from elsewhere and have been unable to do so and that your project will result in the creation of jobs that can be sustained for at least 3 years you can apply.
Other sources of funding and business support available at local and national levels includes:
- Enabling Innovation is a programme focusing on 'enabling technologies', it aims to stimulate an innovation ecosystem designed to commercialise cutting edge R&D, support product and process innovation within SMEs and drive innovation through supply chains.
- Help with exporting through Department for International Trade
- www.gov.uk is a dedicated website offering a wide variety of business support, advice and guidance for your business along with a financial support search facility
- www.d2n2growthhub.co.uk and telephone 0333 006 9178. This service provides information regarding financial support and sources of business advice
Contact UsInvest Newark & Sherwood
Great North Road
01636 655260/01636 655277