About forest school
Forest school involves learning and discovery that is in tune with nature and the great outdoors.
It is open to all ages and abilities and aims to promote new skills, confidence, self-esteem and team building whilst participants take part in fun outdoor activities in our local parks and woodland.
The woodland environment is central to the activities which include looking at the changing seasons and the smells, textures, sounds and tastes of nature.
Health and safety
Our Forest School Leaders are trained in first aid and have attained a Level 3 Forest Schools leader course.
The Forest School leader will have available a mobile phone, consent forms, contact details and any medical forms, bin bags, water for washing hands and also for fire safety and a first aid kit.
What to bring
What to wear?
- Old, comfortable clothing
- Waterproof jacket
- Long sleeved top and trousers
- Waterproof trousers
- Comfortable shoes or trainers
- Wellington boots
- Hat (either woolly or sun)
What else is needed?
- Packed lunch (if the session requires it)
- Hot drink (if the session requires it)
- Bottle filled with drinking water
- Any medication or environment protection products you require
What not to bring?
- Mobile Phones
- Valuables of any kind
- Knives or personal tools
- Friday 2 November at Vicar Water Country Park, Clipstone 9.15am to 12pm (meet at golden hand carpark)
- Tuesday 30 Oct at Sconce and Devon Park, Newark 9.15am to 12pm (meet outside Rumbles café)
Booking a place
Places are available for children 5 to 10 years old and each session is limited to 15 participants.
Workshops are £5 per child
Please call customer services on 01636 650000 to book a place by debit or credit card.
For an informal chat about the forest school programme please contact:
Sconce and Devon Park Ranger
Sconce and Devon Park
Vicar Water Country Park Ranger
Vicar Water Country Park