Within Newark and Sherwood there are three rugby clubs, Newark Rugby Club, Ollerton Rugby Club and Southwell Rugby Club.
To find your nearest Rugby Club visit the Nottinghamshire Sport website.
Touch is a non contact sport that is fun to play and requires no previous rugby experience. The game emphasizes running, agility and ball handling skills and has none of the kicking, scrummaging, rucking or tackling that is found in both rugby league and union.
Touch is like no other sport:
- It is cross gender allowing men and women to play alongside / against one another
- It is highly active while being almost entirely injury-free
- It provides an ideal team building opportunity
- It is very sociable with interaction within and between competing teams
- It is a fun and highly enjoyable way to spend an evening after work
To register a team, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0115 9161615.
You Can Do Sport
Enjoy rugby and want to get involved as a career?
You Can Do Sport offers a sports education and professional rugby coaching programme in association with Magnus Academy. Open to girls and boys aged 16-18 years, students split their time 50:50 between the classroom and the pitch working towards a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (equivalent to 3 A-Levels).
Based at Newark Rugby Club for their rugby coaching sessions, students will be taught by RFU qualified and experienced coaches and will also be given the opportunity to further their education with RFU accredited qualifications in both coaching and refereeing.
For more information please go to You Can Do Sport