Data protection and privacy 

We are committed to protecting your personal data and privacy.

The personal information you provide to us will only be used to process the application you have made to us.

Most planning application forms can be completed and submitted online using either the Planning Portal or iApply

If you choose to submit your application online or by post, before submitting, make sure you have read our planning application guidance and checked that you have complied with our national and local validation checklists.

If you decide to apply by post, forms commonly used are available to download for you to print and complete below.

  • Notification of a Proposed Change of Use to Dwelling(s): Form
  • Notification of a Proposed Larger Home Extension: Form
  • Householder application for planning permission for works or extension to a dwelling: Form and Guidance
  • Application for planning permission: Form and Guidance
  • Application for planning permission and listed building consent for alterations, extension or demolition of a listed building:
    Form and Guidance
  • Application for consent to display an advertisement(s): Form and Guidance
  • Application for approval of details reserved by condition Town and Country Planning Act 1990 Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990: Form and Guidance
  • Application for Hedgerow Removal Notice: Form and Guidance
  • Application for tree works: works to trees subject to TPO or trees in a conservation area: Form and Guidance
  • Application for a non-material amendment following a grant of planning permission: Form and Guidance
  • Notice for non-material applications: Form
  • Application for listed building consent for alterations, extension or demolition of a listed building: Form and Guidance
  • Application for Permission in Principle: Form
  • Application to vary or remove a planning condition: Form and Guidance


Most applications need a planning fee. The decision to charge for planning applications has been made by Parliament and therefore the scale of fees is the same throughout England and Wales.

You can calculate the fee of your planning application using the fee calculator available at the Planning Portal. There are some exemptions to fees such as:

  • When the work is to provide facilities for someone who is registered disabled
  • When the application is for Listed Building
  • When you had an application refused and are resubmitting for a similar proposal on the same site within 12 months
  • An application to vary one or more conditions on an approval made within 12 months
  • When you withdrew an application for a similar proposal on the same site within the last 12 months
  • When permitted development rights have been removed and the proposal would normally be permitted development
  • Where there is an Article 4 Direction removing permitted development rights for certain works

If you are submitting your application online through the Planning Portal, you can pay when you apply.  You can also pay using our online payment service. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)

To allow the Council to decide if and how much CIL is liable, please complete our CIL Information Form and submit with your planning application. This includes application for householder development.  Our Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) website provides further information. 

Validation Requirements

Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)

Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) may be required to be paid if planning permission is granted for your proposal. Determining whether a Development may be CIL Liable (PDF File, 704kb)   must be completed and submitted with your planning application. 

Please visit our Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) page for more information.

In order to make sure you have all the relevant information with your application, we would strongly advise that you discuss your proposal with us prior to submitting the application.  Pre-application discussions will also help to identify and resolve any issues which may come up during the applications and consequently mean a decision can be secured more quickly.

Contact us

Newark and Sherwood District Council
Castle House
Great North Road
NG24 1BY

01636 650000


Follow us on TwitterLike us on FacebookFollow us on Pinterest‌ Follow us on Instagram

  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm

    Customer Feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Castle House
    Great North Road
    NG24 1BY

Access Extranet