Riverside Park is the venue for a wide range of events, from music concerts to food fairs, funfairs to duck races and also contains a number of pieces of public art including a gnomon sundial.
The park is just a short walk from Newark Castle, Newark market place, the civil war trail and the town's main shopping area.
Riverside Park is managed by Newark Town Council.
Town lock and river walks
Near to Riverside Park is the town lock with a footbridge crossing the River Trent with access to cafes and Newark Castle.
You can walk the banks of the River Trent in both directions to explore other areas of Newark. Seasonal boat trips operate from outside Newark Castle.
Using playgrounds during Covid-19
- In line with national restrictions skate parks, basketball courts and multi-use games areas in Newark and Sherwood are closed to the public. Other outdoor playgrounds are open. Please follow social distancing guidance at all times.
- If the playground you visit has not yet officially been opened, please do not attempt to use, or access the equipment or area
- If the playground is busy, consider coming back at a later time. Talk to your children about this possibility before visiting
- Social distancing should be followed and groups of parents and children should stay 2 metres apart if possible
- The virus can be transmitted when you touch surfaces. If children use a playground they should be extra careful about hand hygiene and everyone should use an alcohol based hand sanitiser immediately before and after using the play equipment
- Do not use playgrounds if you have Covid-19 symptoms such as a fever, cough, shortness of breath or lack or taste or smell
- Encourage children to catch coughs or sneezes with a tissue or on their sleeve, not hands. Put tissues and used gloves in the bin
- Remind children not to touch their face, eyes, nose or mouth
- We recommend no eating and drinking in the play area for safety
- The play equipment is inspected regularly but it is not sanitised
- Consider bringing your own hygiene products to clean touch points such as swing chains and equipment handles
- Do not drop litter, use the bins provided for all waste
- We need all parents and children to behave responsibly in our playgrounds to prevent the spread of the virus