Christmas in Southwell
Late night shopping, Christmas crafts, fairs and festivals, carol services and the annual lantern walk.
Southwell Tourist Information Centre
Visit the friendly and helpful staff at Southwell TIC for all the local information you need. We are located in the centre of the town near to the Minster Shop on Church Street.
Key local attractions
- Southwell Minster - the cathedral of Nottinghamshire
- The Workhouse -step back in time at The Workhouse in Southwell where you can follow in the footsteps of paupers and find out what life was like in the 19th century
- Southwell Minster - a magnificent 12th century minster with twin 'pepper pot' spires
- The Archbishop's Palace - visit the palace and gardens
- Southwell Racecourse - one of the country's few all-weather racecourse
- The Museum of Timekeeping - see the British Horological Institute's fascinating clock and watch collection.
- Southwell Market - vibrant Saturday market for veg, cakes, cheese, plants, clothes, fresh fish and much more
Where to stay
For local hotels, B&B's, pubs and self-catering accommodation
Bramley Apple Festival in Southwell
Saturday 19 October
- Food and Drink Festival in Southwell Minster
- Children’s activities in Southwell Library
- Morris dancing displays
- Decorated shops and apple-themed dishes in local pubs and cafes
- Apple day at Southwell Workhouse
- Crowning of the Apple King and Queen
- Apple paintings and poetry in the Library
- Bramley Festival Leaflet 2019 (PDF File, 2,097kb)