COVID-19: Bulky and electrical waste
All bulky items that would usually be collected as part of the service will be accepted, with the exception of fence panels, garden sheds and large electrical/white goods items, for example American-style fridge freezers. Small under counter appliances, which can be collected by one operative, are still being accepted.
We are not able to offer face-to-face quotes or collection of items that require access to inside properties. In order to protect our crews you must be able to leave the items outside the front of your property for 72 hours before collection. You must also make our team aware if you are self-isolating or shielding. This is for both your protection and our crews.
While the recycling centres were closed, we were pleased to offer a temporary reduced charge of £5 per bulky item to help residents clear additional waste they have accumulated.
As the recycling centres have since re-opened, normal charges of £13 per item followed by £7 per additional item will come into effect from Monday, June 29.
To make a booking please call 01636 650000. Please be aware we are only taking telephone bookings at this time and the online booking system is suspended.
The charge for collection of electrical/white goods is £13 for the first item and £7 for subsequent items. Collections are mostly on Thursdays and need to be put out by 6am on collection day. If your item is not collected on Thursday it will be collected on Friday so please leave it out.
If we need to enter your property to collect your item(s) please call customer services to make arrangements for collection.
What we collect:
- Computer tower
- Electric garden strimmer
- Electric lawnmower
- We cannot accept commercial fridges and freezers
- Freezer (must be empty)
- Fridge (must be empty)
- Games console
- Laptop computer/tablet
- Television/computer monitor
- Tumble dryer
- Vacuum cleaner
- Video/DVD/ Blu-Ray Player
- Washing machine
The items we collect are sent for recycling where they are broken down into their various components.
Please ensure all fridges and freezers are empty prior to collection.
- Please have your item(s) out ready for collection by 6am to ensure it gets collected.
- No refunds will be given if we visit your property and the item(s) are not out ready for collection. To re-arrange the collection a new payment would need to be made.
- A minimum of 24 hours' notice is required for all cancellations - refunds will not be given at this time.
- Please call customer services if you need to cancel a collection and have your reference number ready.
Household waste recycling centres
Most electrical waste can be taken to one of the Nottinghamshire County Council's Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs).
At the centres all electrical waste is separated and sent for recycling.
Re-using electrical items
If your item is still fully working then you may wish to try selling it or giving it away.
- The Furniture Project will collect unwanted electrical items and will pass them on to someone in need. Call 01623 836410 for more details
- The British Heart Foundation accepts donations of furniture. Call 0844 499 4152 for more information
- Freecycle is an online swap shop. It gives furniture a second lease of life, as well as helping you to find free items
- Some electrical items, like iPads and iPods can also be sold online
- Mobiles phones can be recycled too for free via various charities