Live and local Nottinghamshire
Live and Local Nottinghamshire is part of a network of over 40 rural touring schemes across the UK, providing access to high quality arts events for people in rural areas. The scheme is run by Live and Local with shows within the district part-funded by the Council.
The programme has brought professional touring theatre, dance, music, comedy and storytelling to rural and community venues in Nottinghamshire for over a decade. Local volunteers and promoters select and host performances, sell tickets and publicise the shows.
Where do shows take place?
Venues for the programme range from village halls to schools and community centres, each providing a warm welcome to both audiences and visiting performers. Some music and street theatre shows are also available for community fun days and village fairs.
- Barnby in the Willows village hall
- Blidworth fun day
- Caunton Dean Hole community centre
- Coddington community centre
- Coddington village hall
- Gunthorpe village hall
- Maplebeck village hall
- North Muskham Rural community centre
- Norwell village hall
- Oxton village hall
- Rolleston village hall
- South Clifton Coronation hall
- South Scarle community centre
- Southwell Bramley centre
- Winthorpe community centre
When do shows take place?
The following timetable is followed each year, with performances taking place from September through to the following May:
- March - annual menu of shows is launched to local promoters
- May - teams from local venues submit their show requests
- July - show bookings are confirmed
- October to December - autumn season of shows
- January to May - spring season of shows
Become a local promoter
Keen to see more events coming to your community? You should think about becoming a live and local promoter. Live and Local can give you lots of advice on the role including:
- organising your team
- licensing and insurance
- access to venues
- selecting and promoting shows
- providing hospitality
- costing for your event
They can provide a comprehensive welcome pack on request and promotional support for your show. Visit the Live and Local website for more information.
Equipment for hire
If you’re organising an event, we can help you get your event up and running by offering hire of chairs, tables , benches, barriers etc. E-mail email@example.com for further information
Outdoor Staging Company can provide staging (a towable stage), along with sound, lighting, power and audio visual items for outdoor events.