The bustling markets in Newark are extremely popular with both locals and visitors. Hot food and refreshments are available and the Saturday market is a particularly vibrant focus for our historic market town.
Regular stall holders include fruit and vegetables, cut flowers and garden plants, clothes, shoes and leather goods, bread and cakes, local fish and dairy goods, soft furnishings, bedding, carpets and rugs, fabrics, sewing and haberdashery, make-up, hair accessories and jewellery.
Markets are held on:
- Mondays (except bank holidays) - collectors/antique market
- Wednesdays - general retail market
- Thursdays - collectors/antique market
- Fridays - general retail market
- Saturdays - general retail market
Newark market is owned and managed by Newark Town Council. Find our more about the markets on their website.
With 16 stalls on Saturdays, there's lots of choice including:
- fresh fish and meat
- deli foods
- bread, biscuits and cakes
- pet food
- greetings cards,
- cycle store, toiletries, jewellery, books, soft furnishings, sweets, cut flowers and of course, fruit and veg
The market is owned and managed by Southwell Town Council. Find out more about the Southwell market as well as other things to do in the town on their website.
Southwell country market
A country market takes place in Southwell every Saturday from 9am to 11am in the WI hall. The indoor market sells local seasonal fruit, vegetables and plants, honey and homemade jams and chutney, cakes and bakes and crafts. Refreshments are available.
Find outmode on the Southwell country market Facebook page.