If you’re a Newark and Sherwood resident on a low income, we want to help you to heat your home at an affordable cost. The Energy and Home support team are here to help you find a better quality of life by living in a warm and comfortable home.
We do this by:
- advising on offers and grants available
- working with other councils across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire in a Local Authority Energy Partnership
- seeking funding opportunities to support residents with the cost of installing energy efficiency measures
Warm homes on prescription
If you live in a low-income household where someone has cold-sensitive long-term health conditions, the Nottinghamshire Warm Homes on Prescription project may be able to help you keep your home warmer for less. More information about the project and funding available can be found on our Warm homes on prescription page.
The Home Energy Conservation Act
The Home Energy Conservation Act (HECA) required us to prepare a report setting out the energy conservation measures that the authority considers practicable, cost-effective and likely to result in significant improvement in the energy efficiency of residential accommodation in our area.
This is the starting point for action by central and local government to significantly improve the energy efficiency of residential accommodation across the country. This is important as a legal requirement under the Climate Change Act 2008 and as a key strategy for reducing fuel poverty.
Driving local domestic energy efficiency improvements can bring significant benefits for the Council and our residents including:
- helping to reduce fuel bills for local residents
- helping make homes warmer and healthier
- opportunities for local economic and physical regeneration
- making a vital contribution to reducing local and national carbon emissions
- supporting wider local strategic priorities, on issues such as health and poverty
ECO Flexible Eligibility - Statements of Intent
The documents below set out the Council’s eligibility criteria under the Local Authority Flexible Eligibility part of the Energy Company Obligation scheme.
- Statement of Intent - Flexible Eligibility (PDF File, 264kb)
- Statement of Intent - Flexible Eligibility (Park Homes) WITHDRAWN (PDF File, 278kb)
- Statement of Intent – Flexible Eligibility (First Time Gas Central Heating). (PDF File, 141kb)
- Statement of Intent - Flexible Eligibility (Park Homes) WITHDRAWN (PDF File, 131kb)
- Statement of Intent – Warm Homes Hub (PDF File, 227kb)
- Statement of Intent - Flexible Eligibility (Park Homes) (PDF File, 129kb)
Publication dates: 20 July 2017, 13 February 2018, 16 October 2018, 18 December 2019, 5 May 2020, 20 July 2021