Flooding information hub

Last updated: Tuesday 09 April 2024.

Latest information

Flood Recovery Framework and financial support for residents and businesses

The Government announced a Flood Recovery Framework offering financial support to those impacted by flooding. Residents and businesses can now apply for the UK Government Flood Recovery Framework grants and the Nottinghamshire County Council Hardship Payments online using a simple form on our website.

For the latest information, including eligibility criteria and how to apply visit our 'Flooding financial support' webpage.

Farmers who have suffered uninsurable damage to their land will be able to apply for grants of up to £25,000 through the Farming Recovery Fund towards repair and reinstatement costs for farmers adversely affected by exceptional flooding.

The Government's full announcement is available on its website here.

Find out more information on what to do during a flood on our below webpages:

Waste collections

If you have any flood damaged domestic bulky items such as furniture or white goods, please check with your insurance company before disposing of them as it may affect your claim.

Residents who need help disposing of large household items that have been damaged by the flooding can book a FREE bulky waste collection with the District Council. Bookings must be made by calling 01636 650000 or emailing customerservices@newark-sherwooddc.gov.uk and not on the Council’s website.

Flood wardens are arranging for aqua-sacs to be collected from specified locations in communities and residents can also have any remaining aqua sacs collected through the free bulky waste collections. Please ring 01636 650000 or email customerservices@newark-sherwooddc.gov.uk to book the collection. Residents are encouraged to save any unused aqua-sacs for future and store them in a dry place.