Open data is about sharing information we hold to improve transparency about the Council. It may also allow others to build useful applications or make decisions based on the data.
The data must be in open, machine readable formats that can be easily reused.
For more information about the Government's open data please refer to the central government datastore where you’ll also find links to a vast and growing range of data.
Open data at Newark and Sherwood Council
We’re making more of our information publicly available . You can use this data to create apps or link directly to your websites.
If there is a particular dataset that you need, or you have feedback on anything else we could include not on this page, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Open data terms of re-use
Before downloading our data, please read our open data terms of re-use.
Our data is freely re-useable under the terms detailed on the Open Government Licence.
- Ward, parish, output area and neighbouring district outlines as KML or JSON from MySociety
- Newark parliamentary constituency outlines as KML or JSON from MySociety
- Sherwood parliamentary constituency outlines as KML or JSON from MySociety
You may also find the following websites of use:
Useful external apps and websites
- NOMIS (Labour Market Statistics)
- Office for National Statistics
- Gov UK - public services all in one place
- FixMyStreet - report, view, or discuss street problems
- WhatDoTheyKnow - Freedom of information made easy
- WriteToThem - contact your representative at local council, in parliament, and in Europe
- TheyWorkForYou - find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name