We welcome your feedback if we are doing something well please tell us about it and likewise if we are not.
It is important to us to have your feedback so we can give you the quality service you deserve.
Please submit your comments online or contact us by letter, telephone or e-mail.
We deal with all our customer feedback, complaints and compliments under our 'customer feedback procedure'.
Have your say
How we monitor your feedback
We regularly monitor all feedback we receive through the customer feedback scheme. We learn about what is important to you, how well you think we are doing, and what sorts of things you have felt it necessary to complain about and how we have dealt with this.
How do I complain?
In the unlikely event that you feel that the district council has not dealt with your comments satisfactorily, please contact us and a full review by a senior manager will be arranged. If you then remain unsatisfied, the Local Government Ombudsman may be able to help you. You can contact the Ombudsman directly (below) or you can ask your local councillor to do this for you.
There are two stages to the handling of a complaint:
- The customer services team will send an acknowledgement of receipt of your complaint within 3 working days
- A Business Manager will conduct a thorough investigation of your complaint and provide a response directly to you within 10 working days
- Where it is not possible to respond within these times, we will contact you and advise you of an estimated date of response
- If you are not happy with your Stage 1 response, you can move onto Stage 2 of the Complaints Procedure
- Your complaint will be referred to the Director of the business unit in which the complaint was originally dealt with
- They will be given all the complaint information and will conduct a thorough review of the investigation and the response provided to you at Stage 1
- The Director will write to you with the outcome of their investigation within 15 working days
- Where it is not possible to respond within this time, we will contact you and advise you of an estimated date of response
Making a complaint against a councillor
Visit the Councillors code of conduct webpage for further details.
- Planning - complaints relating to planning applications decisions are dealt with via an alternate process and not through our customer feedback procedure. Customers are assured of a response however, please note, that the response time for any complex queries or complaints relating to planning (including enforcement) can take up to 20 days to reply. The council still hopes to respond to the majority of complaint sooner, and will do so as soon as they are investigated.
The Local Government Ombudsman
The Local Government Ombudsman is an independent person who investigates allegations of maladministration causing injustice to the person who has complained.
The Ombudsman investigates complaints about most council matters including housing, planning, education, social services and council tax. The Ombudsman who deals with this council is at:
The Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771
Tel: 0300 061 0614
The Local Government Ombudsman has a leaflet called Complained to the Council? Still not Satisfied? You can get a copy by telephoning or writing to the address above, or you can download it from the Ombudsman’s website at www.lgo.org.uk