Garden recycling collection service

We provide a garden recycling service across the district and we welcome new customers!

Join as a new customer, or if you are an existing customer, renew your subscription to our Garden Recycling service:

Fee reduction

In order to prioritise green and silver bin collections at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, garden recycling collections were suspended for two months in 2020, between April and May.

To compensate any inconvenience caused, we have made a £5.00 reduction to the service for the 2021-2022 scheme.

This has been done to simplify the charging procedures and allow every resident to take advantage of one of the lowest charges in the country.

No savings were made from not collecting garden bins during those two months in 2020, as the staff and vehicles were being used to collect refuse bins due to the measures the council had to put in place around social distancing.

If you are still dissatisfied and do not wish to take advantage of the reduced cost of £30.00, please speak to one of our customer services advisors who will arrange for your bin to be collected.

How much will it cost?

For just £30 a year you will get:

  • A brown bin
  • An all year-round collection service - every two weeks between March and November, and monthly from December to February

Additional bins are available at £30 each.

The service runs from 1 April to 31 March. There are no concessions or pro-rata for joining the service part-way through the year.

Upon receipt of payment you will be given a sticker to place on your bin.

Please ensure your sticker is clearly placed on your bin. Only bins with stickers on will be collected.

Assisted collections

If you need help moving your brown garden recycling bin, call us to get in touch.

We offer assisted collections to anyone who needs help.

What can I put in my brown bin?

  • Grass cuttings
  • Hedge trimmings
  • Leaves
  • Small branches and twigs (up to 10cm in diameter)
  • Plants and weeds
  • Cut flowers

Missed bins

If your brown bin has been missed please contact us as soon as possible.

Missing or Lost bins

My bin has gone missing, what do I do?

If you need a replacement bin contact our customer services team. We can make a discretionary charge for missing or damaged bins.

Damaged bins

Please report damaged bins to us so we can arrange a replacement. We can make a discretionary charge for missing or damaged bins.

Contact us

Newark and Sherwood District Council
Castle House
Great North Road
NG24 1BY

01636 650000


Follow us on Twitter‌ Like us on Facebook‌ Follow us on Pinterest‌ Follow us on Instagram

On our website

  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm

    Customer feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Castle House
    Great North Road
    NG24 1BY

Access Extranet