Trade waste collections
If you operate any form of business, you have a legal responsibility under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and other related legislation to safely contain and legally dispose of any waste produced from your business. This includes anyone operating a business from home.
If you don’t, you can be taken to court as you are committing offences. Please note that your business rates do not include the cost of your business waste disposal.
At Newark & Sherwood District Council, we have a dedicated, experienced trade waste team.
We offer an efficient service at competitive rates, aimed solely at businesses and designed to fit your waste disposal needs.
- No Vat charges
- No charge for bin rental or documentation
- Bin sizes ranging from 240 litres to 1100 litres
- Pre-paid labels for bags available – perfect if you have no storage for bins
- Discount for additional bin
Trade Recycling Service - Are you doing your bit?
Recycling helps to;
Protect the environment
We offer a recycling service to our trade customers. This service allows you to recycle:
- Paper: newspapers, magazines, writing paper, junk mail, catalogues, cardboard, corrugated cardboard, cereal packets, greeting cards and egg boxes.
- Plastic: drinks bottles, milk bottles, shampoo bottles, detergent bottles, washing-up liquid bottles, sauce bottles, friendly bacteria bottles, margarine tubs and yoghurt pots.
- Tins: food tins, drink cans, pet food tins, large metal sweet tins and empty aerosol canisters.
Collections take place weekly or fortnightly depending on your needs.
Please note there is a limited service in some areas, please contact the trade office for details.
How to pay
Once you have organised your trade waste collection you will receive an invoice from us. You can pay your invoice using our online payment service.
You can pay your trade waste invoice in the following ways:
By Direct debit – call 01636 655572 to set up a direct debit
By Telephone – call 01636 65572 to pay using a debit or credit card
You can also pay at the Post Office, Paypoint or Payzone outlets