Mould and damp advice
We aim to keep your home in a good state of repair and want to give you some practical information about how we can support you with damp, mould and condensation present in your home.
Firstly, please do contact us if you have an issue with damp, mould or condensation so we can provide advice and support to address it. For this or any other repair, please contact us on 01636 650 000.
If you have reported a problem with either damp, condensation or mould we will arrange a visit to your home and:
- examine your property to see if any repairs are needed to remedy the issue such as a leaking gutter or roof repairs
- consider any small improvements we can make to the home to reduce the likelihood of issues happening in the future such as increasing ventilation or insulation
- check that your heating system is working correctly
There are some things that you can do which will help reduce moisture in the home which can contribute to mould:
- Drying clothes outdoors or in well heated and ventilated spaces
- Cooking with lids on pans
- Keep air vents clean and trickle vents open on windows
- Keeping your home warm around 18°c
- Always run your extractor fan or open a window when cooking or showering
- Pull furniture and beds away from external walls and corners of rooms to improve air movement in your home
Help shape the law to protect tenants in social housing
The Government is asking for tenants in social housing to engage in a consultation on the proposed Awaab's Law. This law is designed to give residents in social housing properties a stronger and louder voice.
You can view the Government's consultation here: Awaab’s Law: Consultation on timescales for repairs in the social rented sector - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
We want to hear your views
Please share your views and experiences. We want to make sure that the voices of our residents are heard.
Thursday 1 February, 12:30-13:30 Vine Way Community Centre
Wednesday 7 February, 11:30- - 12:00 William Ghent House
Friday 9 February, 09:00-13:00 Burgage Close Community Centre
Tuesday 13 February, 17:30-18:00 Coghill Court Community Centre
Wednesday 14 February, 10:00-11:00 Online session via teams
Thursday 15 February, 09:30-10:00 Collingham William Bailey House
Thursday 15 February, 13:30-14:00 Edwinstowe Lynds Close Community Centre
Tuesday 20 February, 14:00-15:00 Online session via teams